Updated: Mar 13, 2020
There are two basic ways to provide nutrients to a hydroponic growing system. You can buy premixed nutrients, or you can mix your own. Premixed nutrients provide everything your plant needs. Mixing your own nutrients is both more efficient and allows for a wider range of control. Here's a little basic information on nutrients for growing plants.
Raw Kelp = Kelp is 99% Kelp extract from seaweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum). This product is water soluble and contains 1% soluble potash which is a direct reflection of its purity. Kelp extracts are also very rich in natural plant growth hormones. Raw Kelp is a beneficial supplements to all feeding schedules. It is also ideal for adding to foliar sprays and for creating optimal recipe solutions.
Raw Humic Acid = Contains 59% Humic Acids derived from Leonardite which is the most concentrated, water Soluble humic acid product on the market. Humic Acid is a natural chelator and is beneficial supplement to all feeding programs.
Raw Yucca = Natural wetting agent for solutions and foliar sprays and is great for flushing excess salts from root zone.
Raw B Vitamins = Contains 9% magnesium and is an optimal magnesium supplement. Raw B-Vitamin is most beneficial during transplant, times of stress and during heavy fruit and flower production.
Raw Cane Molasses = Cane molasses is an excellent source of carbon energy (food) for beneficial microbes. Can be sprayed directly on plant leaves, the nutrients and sugar are absorbed quickly, and nutrients are immediately available.
Raw Silica = Silica can be used during all stages of growth and bloom for optimal stem and cell wall strength. It is a beneficial supplement to all feeding schedules.
Raw Calcium/Mag = This product is a stand alone Calcium/Mag supplement. Due to its low dilution rates a little Raw Calcium/mag goes a long way. It's also ideal for preventing deficiencies and for creating optimal recipe solutions.
Raw ominA = ominA is easily absorbed producing a dramatic effect on calcium uptake by the roots. It's completely water soluble and will not clog pumps or irrigation lines.
Nature's Source Plant Probiotic & Nature's Source Plant Biotik = Aids in nutrient breakdown, availability and absorption while reducing nutrient leaching. Reduce planting and transplant shock for better plant establishment. Stimulates root development and nutrient uptake. Increases tolerance to environmental stress.
Two part Nutrients:
Am-Hydro Tasman Bay Herbs Nutrient Formulation = High performance growth nutrient formulation developed to push plant productivity specifically for herbs.
Working Solution: The solution in your main reservoir that your plants are using to grow. Water, pH adjuster and stock solution make up your working solution.
Stock Solution: A concentrated solution made from mixing dry minerals with water. This is the mixture you pull from to make your working solution.
Mixing Solution: * Always add the part with phosphate first! (The reason is it could affect nutrient stability, especially if your water is high alkalinity.)
1) Weigh out your dry nutrients using a kitchen scale that using grams or ounces. Use equal parts at all times. (Don't mix A & B dry nutrients together)
2) Fill up two 5 gallon buckets with filter or tap water. (Label buckets A & B, so you know what's in the buckets)
3) Place A nutrients in bucket labeled A and put a small pump in bucket to mix solution. (Stock Solution)
4) Place B nutrients in bucket labeled B and put a small pump in bucket to mix solution. (Stock Solution)
5) Fill up your main reservoir with filter or tap water.
6) Place calcium in main reservoir. (This neutralizes the water)
7) Place A nutrient (stock solution) in main reservoir to meet desire ppm.
8) Place B nutrient (stock solution) in main reservoir to meet desire ppm.
9) Add micro-nutrients one at a time to meet desire ppm.
10) Adjust pH if needed to meet desire ppm.
Effective: Ideal for a wide range of crops, Nature's Source Plant Food 3-1-1 promotes rapid nutrient response and hearty plant growth.
Sustainable: Contains oil seed extract, a renewable source of plant nutrition. It's low salt index lets you feed at higher rates than with most organic fertilizers. May be use as a foliar mist without worrying about burning or stretch.
Convenient: It mixes easily with cold water with no strong odor. The readily available nutrition in Nature's Source Organic Plant Food 3-1-1 allows crop finish times similar to those of traditional water-soluble fertilizers.
1) Measure out Nature Source using measuring cup to meet desire ppm.
2) Fill up a 5 gallon bucket with filter or tap water. (Stock Solution)
3) Place Nature Source in 5 gallon bucket and put a small pump in bucket to mix solution. (Stock Solution)
4) Place Nature Source Plant Biotik to meet desire ppm. (Stock Solution)
5) Place Nature Source Plant Probiotic to meet desire ppm. (Stock Solution)
6) Fill up main reservoir with filter or tap water.
7) Place calcium in main reservoir. (This neutralizes the water)
8) Place 5 gallon bucket (Stock Solution) into main reservoir to meet desire ppm.